Co-oPepys Arts Project is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. As a community development organisation, Co-oPepys uses arts as the means of engaging local people in processes which will:
• Support and enable their active participation in shaping the life of the neighbourhood
• Support and encourage them to recognise their own potential
• Provide opportunities and resources for people to develop skills, interests and confidence in themselves.
• Address the isolation and alienation experienced by many people living in the area
• Provide a space for people to explore issues and concerns that are relevant to them
• Make people feel positive about the area.
Co-oPepys aims to increase community access to the arts by delivering a programme of activities such as theatre shows, music events, exhibitions, after school clubs and adults club promoting poetry, arts, crafts, photography, music, sewing and performances.