Co-oPepys Arts Project is a registered charity and a company limited by guarantee. As a community development organisation, Co-oPepys uses arts as the means of engaging local people in processes which will:
- Support and enable their active participation in shaping the life of the neighbourhood
- Support and encourage them to recognise their own potential
- Provide opportunities and resources for people to develop skills, interests and confidence in themselves.
- Address the isolation and alienation experienced by many people living in the area
- Provide a space for people to explore issues and concerns that are relevant to them
- Make people feel positive about the area.
Co-oPepys aims to increase community access to the arts by delivering a programme of activities such as theatre shows, music events, exhibitions, after school clubs and adults club promoting poetry, arts, crafts, photography, music, sewing and performances.